Friday, July 1, 2011

Helping Your Children Find Scholarships and Financial Assistance for College


What a burden money (or lack thereof) can be. I've grown to seriously hate money and how much money it takes to give your kids the opportunities for success. It's rather painful... wouldn't you agree? It's just that kind of world I suppose.

At their young age, we're shelling out what seem to us as big-bucks for Tae Kwon Do, art classes, and Kumon. Then there's all the extra money we've had to come up with to help a (mildly) special needs child... things like therapy, a psychiatrist, psychologist, gastroenterologist, medical testing, prescription meds, and a special diet.

I've got approximately 8 years to research (and save) for the day when the first of two head out the door (although I will admit to hoping they stay home and attend a local jr. college, teehee). I think the first place I'd start our college funding search would be a scholarship search. Nothing beats a scholarship!

Then I'd begin looking for grants, and finally loans. In addition to working, I put myself through college with a combination of grants and loans... my husband went all the way to PhD with scholarships and grants, owing nothing when he graduated.

If it's time for you to find ways to pay for college, do you have a game plan? What are you currently doing to help your children prepare for the expense of school?


  If you're not reading this post on The Homeschooling Blog... the content has been hijacked. Please let me know by following this link and leaving me a comment. Thanks in advance! 

No comments: