Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Watch "It's a Wonderful Life" Online & Free!


Today I found a Kmart circular in my mailbox and was elated to see "It's a Wonderful Life" on sale!  So, I added Kmart to my list of afternoon errands, grabbed the kids and off we went. A couple hours later we were home again, but without my movie! lol

My guess is Kmart does carries it, but the movie had sold out before the circular ever reached the post office. After all, I'm not the only one who loves this movie and it is the week of Christmas.

What's a wanna-be "It's a Wonderful Life" watcher to do in this situation? I checked Amazon.com and of course the have it in stock, but I wanted to watch it today. What can I say? I guess I'm a product of the age in which we live... that being I gotta have it now! lol

After feeling sorry for myself for a few minutes one of my cousins informed me (via Facebook, isn't FB wonderful?) that "It's a Wonderful Life" is on YouTube in its entirety! I grabbed my 9 year-old daughter who was rather curious about mom's favorite Christmas movie and we started watching.

What a wonderful time we had watching "It's a Wonderful Life". My daughter was hooked right off the bat. I wasn't sure a 9 year-old would enjoy a black and white movie, made even before her mom's time, that wasn't about children or cute little animals, and didn't carry with it any animated characters or silly soundtracks, but she really impressed me! She told me she too LOVED this movie and "Mom, we have to buy it!", lol... how awesome is that?

If you too love this movie and have been itching to see it NOW, you're in luck! Here it is! Hopefully I've embedded it correctly, but if not, the link is here: It's a Wonderful Life. If you're not into watching movies on Youtube, I also found that it's supposed to air on television on Christmas Eve on NBC. I think at 8? Check your local listings to be sure... I didn't catch which time zone the listing was for.

The great thing about this Youtube video? The quality is excellent, (just like the DVD I'd hoped to find at Kmart) and the movie which has been loaded to Youtube as a series of lengthy clips is set to play each clip automatically and in perfect secession. No commercials, no need to click anything (upon starting the video), and it plays in it's entirety. Occasionally there are Google ads that pop up at the bottom of the video, but I didn't mind this at all. It's better than a commercial after all and I could still view the movie without interuption.



Have fun and happy viewing!! Gotta love technology!
     


    Thank you for following The Homeschooling Blog!

    No comments: