Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Upcoming Review: Jump Start and Math Blaster Online


Just a head's up to all my readers who enjoy a good review of an online educational resource. I've been offered a free trial membership to Math Blaster and Jump Start and my kids are all over it. We began our membership yesterday and to my surprise my 8 year-old daughter played on the Jump Start site for a total of 5 hours (not consecutively). Now... just for the record, we normally don't encourage (or even allow) such activity. I like to limit the amount of technology time my kids have... even if it's educational. However, I've never seen her take to anything like she did Jump Start, and since I'll be reviewing the resource... I made an exception. lol It will be interesting to see how she takes to Jump Start long term!

My 10 year-old son just started playing today, but it was short and sweet. We simply didn't have time between scheduled activities to give him free reign over the site. He wasn't happy to have me pull him away from the game, but we had to get to his Tae Kwon Do class!

Tomorrow will be his day to play (hopefully without a fight from his sister), then we'll tackle Math Blaster and see how both kids take to it . My daughter excels in math, my son struggles, so I'm praying he'll fall in love with Math Blaster and allow it to build on what he already knows as well as help him retain all that we've drilled into his developing mind so far this summer! lol

Stay tuned for the full reveiw!


  If you're not reading this post on The Homeschooling Blog... the content has been hijacked. Please let me know by following this link and leaving me a comment. Thanks in advance! 

No comments: