Sunday, July 3, 2011

Seeking Student Loans for College and My Experience with Sallie Mae


Sallie Mae was my school loan provider through college and made it possible for me to afford my undergrad degree in psychology. Working part-time wasn't enough and even though I had a few small grants, I never would have been able to complete my BA without that extra financial assistance.

That was back in 1997, and it's more expensive now than ever before to finance a college career. If you're looking at student loan options you'll run into Sallie Mae! lol They're a leader in student loans, banking, credit cards... even 529 Plans. My experience with this lender was all positive. There was a point when I couldn't pay the monthly minimum payment the first year out of school. They were awesome... allowing me to bring my monthly payment down to a more comfortable level. When I landed a better paying job, we brought the payments back to the previous dollar amount, giving me a reasonable opportunity to get that loan paid in a sensible amount of time.

I was very pleased with my college funding situation. It would have been wonderful had I landed more grant money and perhaps a scholarship or two, but given that wasn't in the cards for me, Sallie Mae made finishing college not only a possibility, but my reality!

If you're looking for a little or a lot in the way of financial assistance and need a place to start, click here for other private student loans.


  If you're not reading this post on The Homeschooling Blog... the content has been hijacked. Please let me know by following this link and leaving me a comment. Thanks in advance! 

No comments: