Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Benefits and Blessings of Friendship


I don't just mean friendships between children either. I wanted to take a minute to publicly thank a great friend and neighbor who has sacrificed (with a smile) her time and perhaps a bit of her sanity, driving me and my children around for the past week and a half.

We've had car trouble to the tune of nearly $1500 and whilst our (newly paid for) vehicle gets it's numerous repairs, my friend Jill has been a saint. I'm sure there's a special jewel waiting for her in heaven to be placed in the most beautiful of crowns designed especially for her!

She has three kids of her own... three young kids. I buy her a soda on our 2 hour jaunt, which is 2 hours because of the activities my kids are involved in. Two of her kids have an activity right in the middle of that time frame, so before and after their swimming lessons, she's out for us! I've given her some gas money too... but would like to do something more.

I'm thinking a dinner out would be nice, but what do my reader's recommend? What do you give to repay the kindness of a friend? An unselfish, totally giving, smiling friend who sincerely wants to help? I've been so blessed in more ways than I can count. Life is only good when we remember our treasures and from whom they come. Thank you Lord!


  If you're not reading this post on The Homeschooling Blog... the content has been hijacked. Please let me know by following this link and leaving me a comment. Thanks in advance! 

No comments: