Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's Almost Time for Zenni! Again


Last year we followed the advice of multiple online reviews pointing to the high quality and affordability of prescription eyeglasses from Zenni Optical. I'd heard of Zenni before, but my husband had it in his mind our son needed $300 eyeglasses. Those overpriced glasses broke 3 times in less than 1 year's time. He's a kid after all! lol That's going to happen.

I wasn't ready to have the jeweler weld his glasses back together for a 3rd time (and at $35 a pop) so I took his new prescription to the Internet and ordered my son's  prescription eyeglasses from Zenni Optical. For less than $40 we received a great looking, durable pair of glasses (complete with lenses) that he's worn now since July without breaking! lol Now... I don't know if I can give Zenni credit for that part... but who knows. lol  Perhaps the high dollar titanium frames he had before weren't as flexible as we'd thought. In fact... the local jeweler shared with us that most eyeglasses repair shops don't even carry the lazer required for welding titanium. We just happened to be living in the right neck of the woods. He also pointed out to me that titanium aren't exactly great for kids... because well, they break.

My son is squinting again and is due for another trip to the optometrist. No longer will this be a painful experience (on our wallet). We have sampled Zenni firsthand with awesome results. You might wonder... do they get you on shipping to make up for selling eyeglasses starting at under $7 a pair? No! lol They have a flat shipping rate of just $4.95, regardless of how many pairs of eyeglasses you order. It's $4.95 per address. They sell prescription sunglasses too! We had him in transitions last year, but didn't try Zenni's transitions. I think we'll do so this time around. Either that or get him a couple pairs to switch between. I don't always love the look of him in transitions, but he enjoys the comfort. What to do? Compromise! We'll just have to look at possibly getting a pair of each!

I missed a feature last year when I was on Zenni's website... either that or it's new. Apparently you can sample the fitting of any pair of frames via a virtual image. Simply by taking important details into consideration such as your pupilary distance, you can get an idea of how your new glasses will look on your face. Great feature considering Zenni has nearly 3000 frames in stock.

A friend of mine just received frames for herself and her son from Zenni. They're the plastic variety that have made a comeback. Both pairs are fashionable and look great. They saved all kinds of money too as she reported to me that they'd spent less than $70 all together for both pairs. Wow!

My son's eyeglasses are metal... although I forget what kind! lol We preferred that look as it's what we were all used too... plus the gold color matches his complexion and beautiful dirty blond hair.

Have you tried Zenni? What did you pay for your last set of prescription eyeglasses?

No comments: