Friday, April 25, 2008

Free Online Curriculum for K-12?


Maybe. I found a curriculum website yesterday evening that appears to be 100% free. I've registered and I'm there playing now, just to see how I might use it in our own homeschooling classroom. So far... I'm thinking it might be a good supplemental type of thing.

Free World U offers learning through education ecards displayed one at a time on your monitor. You're provided with a question, then can click to find the answer... if you need it. The program and material are all very basic from what I've seen so far and by no means could function as you're sole teaching/learning system.... unless of course I'm missing something. Still, it's not bad for what it is and I haven't been asked for any money, so that alone is pretty special. To gain access to the site, all I had to do was register by providing basic information such as my name, email and address and presto! I was in.

So, I'm thinking I'll try incorporating some of these lessons into our homeschooling day starting Monday, just to see how my kids like it. We haven't been spending much time online lately, so I think they'll enjoy doing something a bit different. I'll then share with you all how well it goes over with my kids, since that's always the true test of whether or not a tool or resource is worth the fuss! lol

By the way, the homeschooling conference is tomorrow and I'm pumped! Hoping I leave with my arms full of books and not a mind full of confusion! Oh, last year wasn't a good experience, but I'd like to believe I've grown since then... guess we shall see! lol

No comments: