Monday, December 31, 2012

A Low Carb Online Market? Score!


It's New Year's Eve and thanks to a very hearty holiday season, I'm fat... again! lol I've been on every non-pill popping diet known to woman, including the Atkins diet followed by a variety of my own low carb dietary programs. My own little inventions if you will, based on my own theories about what does and doesn't work. One thing I've learned... reducing carbohydrates works!
    I've vowed to lose 25 lbs in the healthiest way possible. Starting off with a lot of juicing of fruits and veggies, cutting out bread and pasta, with the exception of Miracle Noodlesand of course giving up the sugar... except on Fridays. lol  Believe it or not I've successfully lost weight having goodies ONLY on Fridays. I don't overdo it, but if I'm craving something sweet or fried, I just remind myself that Friday will get here and when it does, nothing will be off limits. 

    So, I know fruits can be high in carbs, but I like to jump start my diet with juicing because it makes me feel so much better. I can lose a few lbs relatively quickly that way, giving me the motivation to continue. When it comes to seeking out low carb foods, I'll probably check out the low carb grocery and see what they have. Love ordering online anyway and today we're getting snow, under a winter weather advisory and I have no desire to leave the comforts of home. At least not today!

    All that said, I don't love the idea of New Year's Resolutions, so I'm not going to call my plans to shed 25 lbs a New Year's Resolution, but I will say that it's a very real goal that I'd like to achieve before the end of the school year. It would be nice if I could start running come late May... without crying that is.  


    Wendy Lindsey
    Wendy is the blessed mom to a 10 year old son with Asperger's Syndrome, a beautiful 9 year old daughter, & 6 children (miscarried) in heaven. She's temporarily given up homeschooling to give her son the peer modeling he was missing at home, essential for proper development in a child with autism. Currently she works full-time with special needs children as a para-educator.

    Thank you for following The Homeschooling Blog!

    No comments: