Saturday, January 21, 2012

Do You Check Your Credit Score Annually?


I've decided I despise money, or at least the idea of it. I don't like what money does to people and the toll their actions take on innocent, hard-working people. We live in a world tainted by individuals seeking to steal identities for the sake of the almighty dollar. I know a handful of people who've experienced identity-theft first-hand. It's ugly.
    I've gone so long without checking my own credit report that today as I sit at my computer, I'm almost afraid to look. Experts recommend checking your credit score annually and I'm at least 3 years delinquent. Yikes.

    We're hoping to move sometime in the near future to a slightly roomier home. We're hurting for space.... partially because I'm married to what I'd call an organized hoarder, and partially because we are parents of children with many interests... all of which take up space! 

    Our credit will need to be in pristine condition. I've made a vow to myself to FINALLY check my credit rating now. In theory, it should be awesome. I pay everything before it's due and typically pay off my credit card each and every month. My husband does the same. We should be in great shape right? "In theory" yes, but in reality... who knows. You just never know what you might find on a credit report... errors, fraud, and most definitely credit card accounts you thought you'd closed long ago. Things that should be addressed immediately.

    How often do you you check your own credit score? Have you looked into free credit score checkers on the web? Do you have any credit report nightmares?

    Thank you for following The Homeschooling Blog!

    No comments: