Monday, October 3, 2011

Studying to be a Tax Preparer?


My aunt makes a living doing other people's taxes... something I could never do! She is accustomed to receiving phone calls and emails from yours truly come early April as I struggle to get our tax return completed. It's my least favorite time of the year... and I'm sure I gain a good 5 lbs the week we spend filing. I honestly find it hard to believe that the average American citizen is qualified to correctly file an income tax return without some sort of assistance. There's a lot there to know, and a lot of room to make mistakes. I truly wish Uncle Sam could simplify the process somehow! I can dream can't I? lol

If you're studying to become a tax preparer, you have my sympathies... lol, no but seriously, you must have something upstairs I don't. A love for numbers, story problems, changing tax laws and an amazing amount of patience isn't something I possess. Never will either! I'd imagine the tax preparer exam is rough too! Bravo to anyone who can pass that exam! I'm just not a numbers person.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who has taken an income tax course with the dream of becoming a registered tax preparer. I might be a little jealous too.

Have you ever taken an income tax course? Maybe you are a registered tax preparer? How long did it take to get through school and what was the exam like? Curious minds want to know!

 



Thank you for following The Homeschooling Blog!

No comments: