Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Online Colleges... Moms Who Make it Work


I personally know a handful of moms in school this fall semester, some of whom are taking Online Courses. Those moms earning their degrees from home are not only saving on tuition, they're saving a fortune on gasoline and time away from their families. As a mom myself, I can definitately appreciate how difficult adding school to the daily mix of responsibilites must be. I really don't know how they do it. There's the life balance factor, the sanity factor, and the financial factor to consider.

That said, I've been thinking of doing the same. lol I'm not sure if my future educational goals will be met through or the local community college or online. I currently have a bachelor's degree in psychology, so
online degree programs in counseling are worth considering... although I don't exactly know if counceling is my calling. I think it takes a very special person to council others. I'm not sure that person is me! lol I have thought about going into nursing though.

The National Center For Education Statistics College Navigator http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
offers free tools for locating the best school for you.... or your high school student. Gotta love that! I love online directories and this particular site makes finding the right school for your field of interest a snap.


Thank you for following The Homeschooling Blog!

No comments: