Sunday, March 6, 2011

Who Wants to Jump on the Swag Bucks Train with Me?


I've been hearing about SwagBucks for what seams like "too long" and decided maybe I should give it a try, rather than dismiss it as unworthy of my time. That decision was somewhat inspired by my recent determination to acquire a Kindle. You may remember in a recent post my asking if homeschoolers used readers? I suddenly started finding all sorts of situations where a Kindle would be a welcome friend to my family... but uh, mostly to me.

I basically did some simple math, in the form of a Wendy's reality story problem. Normally I'm not a fan of story problems, but this one had a solution I was pleased with. It started like this... Wendy is at her Bible study and her Bible is heavy and HUGE. Additionally, Wendy is envious of other women (which commandment am I violating? lol) who have a Kindle storing various translations of the Bible and even Bible trivia, Bible history, and whatever else they could possibly think to offer women seeking to understand the depth of God's word. 

The next part of the story problem went like this... Wendy is waiting for TaeKwonDo class to end. Sometimes it's 1 hour, sometimes it's 2. Sometimes there are other moms to talk to, sometimes there aren't! Wendy looks in her purse and all she has is a stick of gum and her not so smart phone. Afterwords Wendy rushes son to Kumon for his lesson and again forgets to bring something to do. Sits in waiting area with magazines on glamor, stocks and bonds, and golfing. You gotta be kidding me.

The story problem then goes on to consider that I recently won a $50 gift card to Amazon.com from Type A Housewife (an awesome blog) and wouldn't it make a nice dent in a new Kindle? My final answer was yes it would, and hey SwagBucks rewards in thousands of ways, including Amazon.com gift cards! See how the pieces magically fit together?

So my goal is to buy the Kindle with NO MONEY out of pocket whatsoever. Weeeeeee! To make that happen I'm now a Swagger and I'm also entering every giveaway I can find on the web that has as it's reward any amount of Amazon.com moolah. Isn't this exciting? Maybe more for me than for you. lol

Here's what I can say after just over 24 hours of SwagBucking myself through the Internet... it's really quite simple, a very well thought out system, a cool social networking opportunity as they link to Twitter and Facebook, and I'm really not sacrificing anything. I'm just using SwagBucks as my search engine. I'm on the computer so much of the day. I think I should be paid to surf! lol Now the question is, how long will it take me to earn those Amazon.com gift cards I so badly desire? Only time will tell and when time does tell, I'll do the same. Right here on this blog! Stay tuned and if you're up for a fun new adventure, why not join me? I'd love to have you along for the ride! We can compare notes and maybe share what we learn.

By the way, Soon after joining another SwagBucks venturer shared this link with me to Swag for Dummies.
Who knew there was so much to know? Who knew they knew I was a dummy?

No comments: