Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween Crafts for Kids


I'm not a huge fan of Halloween... at least not the spooky aspect of it, but I do love the warm autumn colors and it's great fun to decorate the house with pumpkins, gourds, and fall leaves. My kids are all about dressing up as their favorite Star Wars hero or Disney princess and although we don't do the door-to-door thing, we usually do find a party somewhere to attend. This year, there has been some talk of making a scarecrow... which I suppose is innocent enough!

If you're looking for a little Halloween fun to share with your kids this year, I've done a little digging for you. These are all sites that come up fairly high on a Google search... I've included my favs here. Great ideas for elementary aged children and most are low budget types of crafts that don't require mom or dad to have a lot of skill! lol

Have fun!

My Craft Book What a cool site! Two pages of crafts with photos and detailed instructions.

Craft Kaboose Cute, unique Halloween projects

Martha Stewart Offers a page of clever projects and decorating ideas. My favorite are the Halloween mice!

Family Fun Always a great spot to visit for any occasion. They have a great assortment of Halloween crafts with real photos!

Amazing Moms Has a few fun projects that they call "not so spooky"!

FreeKidsCrafts Another spot to check for cute ideas.

Apples 4 the Teacher Is another site I recommend. Great ideas with full color photos!

DLTK Has some cute ideas too.

Enchanted Learning K-3 Activities for HalloweenThis site offers freebies and membership only pages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not big on the "scary", "spooky" part of Halloween but I do love cute crafts that kids of all ages can do with some level of success. You've shared some great sites and ideas.