Saturday, March 15, 2008

EPA Offers Freebies for Your Children, Perfect for Homeschoolers


If I've posted about this before, forgive me... but I just had to share another freebie with you all... this one from the EPA. Today I received a fun educational packet on recycling and planet preservation. I'm not an environmental-extremist or anything of that nature, but I do support common sense practices geared towards protecting the world we live in.

Our family recycles everything we can and have for years. Fortunately, we just happen to live in an area offering a curbside recycling program which makes it convenient to do the right thing, but they don't pick up everything. Certain recyclables have to be driven to a drop off point and consequently we often have mountains of broken down cardboard boxes and plastic bags in our garage. I guess we're better at saving the recyclables than we are taking them to the drop off! lol

Tell me more about the packet!
The free packet comes with an activity guide, an activity book, a calendar of activities, a poster, a Planet Protectors Club badge, and a certificate of completion. All materials are full color and totally worth the couple minutes it takes to request them from the EPA. Trust me.

I also want to mention that you can request more than one copy of the books and materials. If you're homeschooling more than one child, be sure to make a special request for the exact number of books, badges and certificates you'll need to keep the kids from fighting over the package.

Here are the links you'll need:

YEPA Planet Protector's Club If you want to print the free booklets from home, you'll find the pdf's here.

Y(even better)EPA Planet Protector's Club Kit If you want to order the materials like I did. Like I said, if you want more than one kit, just kindly explain your situation on the order form. I had no problem getting two copies of everything. ;)

Enjoy!
~Wendy

No comments: